ANNOUNCEMENT OF NOT RELATING TO THE COLLAPSE INCIDENT OF STEEL STRUCTURE FRAME SYSTEM AT TEXHONG KNITTING FACTORY PROJECT
Date Submitted: 27/04/2021
On the morning of April 21st, 2021, at the construction site of Texhong Knitting Factory Project - Hai Ha Seaport IP, Hai Ha District, Quang Ninh Province, there was a serious incident making the steel structure system from X3 to X7 axis to collapse. Some press agencies used pictures relating to HopLuc Construction., JSC, causing misunderstanding that we are the project’s general contractor and related to this steel structure collapse. HopLuc Construction., JSC officially confirms: The incident happening to the package is completely NOT RELATED and DOES NOT BELONG TO HOPLUC’S RESPONSIBILITY.
Texhong Knitting Factory Project has 3 contractors executing 3 independent packages:
- HopLuc Construction., JSC is the contractor for concrete, finishing and MEP work (according to Contract No. TEXHONG-HOPLUC / 20201212 signed on December 16th, 2020 between Texhong Knitting Vietnam Co., Ltd and HopLuc Construction., JSC).
- Zamil Steel Buildings Vietnam Co., Ltd is the contractor for steel structure work.
- An Quy Hung Co., Ltd is the contractor for internal road work.
- According to the on-site incident report No. TED-QC-Zamil-N0.01 dated April 21st, 2021 (confirmed by the investor, supervision consultant and Zamil contractor) on the collapse of steel structure frame system from X3 axis to X7 axis of the knitting factory, the primary cause was identified that when the Steel Structure contractor- Zamil Steel Buildings Vietnam Co., Ltd, installed temporary cable anchors to prepare for roof bracing and wall bracing, there was suddenly strong wind, making the roof frame unstable and falling.
- According to the incident minutes on April 22nd, 2021 (confirmed by the investor, supervision consultant, Zamil contractor and HopLuc-affected) on the collapse of steel structure frame system from X3 axis to X7 axis of the knitting factory, the main contractor is Zamil Steel Buildings Vietnam Co., Ltd. The parties also confirmed the preliminary reason assessed as due to:
- The erection was not in correct order. The anti-roll bar link and cross-brace bar link were not done well;
- The number of temporary anchor cables was not enough, there was no tension for stretching, and the anchor cable has small cross-section.
- Cross-roof bracing, gate bracing were not installed enough.In addition, the minutes also clearly states that the incident by Zamil caused a lot of damage to the investor and another independent contractor which is HopLuc Construction., JSC. Accordingly, the parties agree that Zamil will be responsible to compensate or implement equivalent remedies for damages incurred by the investor and HopLuc.
- Quick Report No. 115 / BC-UBND dated April 21, 2021 of the People's Committee of Hai Ha district has also identified the cause and the party who are responsible for the above-mentioned incident is Zamil Steel Buildings Vietnam Co., Ltd.
With this announcement, we once again emphasize and affirm that, HopLuc Construction., JSC is NOT RELATED to the collapse of the steel structure system at Texhong Knitting Factory Project- Hai Ha Seaport IP, Hai Ha District, Quang Ninh Province on April 21st 2021.